My amazing dog Cooper

     When I was younger, I really wanted to have a dog, but y parents kept telling me that having a dog was a big responsibility. To me younger self, it seemed like I would never get a dog, until one day, something happened that changed my parents mind. My sister also wanted a dog, and made a bet with my parent where if she made 100 basketball free throw shot every day for 2 weeks, they would get us a dog. My sister was very committed in completed the bet, so everyday she would go out and shoot shots until she made the 100 shot. She eventually completed the bet, and my parents were essentially forced in get me and my sister a dog. 

    The dog we got was a beagle, which was probably the best choice we could've made.When we got our dog, Cooper, he start out very hyper and was very hard to control. My sister and I realized that we would have our work cut out for us. Over the course of a few years, however, we eventually got cooper to calm down and became a much easier dog to take care of. He always laid down right next to me and would keep me company whenever I was doing my school work, or just playing video games. I wouldn't ask for any other dog in the world and I am very glad that we picked him and not any of the other dogs. I hope that everyone one day has a dog like Cooper.



Comments

  1. Hey Harrison, as someone who's grown up with a dog, I can't imagine the joy you felt stepping into this newfound companionship. I remember when we got my current dog, Lucy, when I was around ten. My first time ever dealing with a puppy was fun, as I think she'd rival Cooper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a heartwarming meeting with your dog, Cooper. I don’t have any kinds of animals in my house, so I couldn’t imagine the situation in which people felt having their dogs. But now I can understand a little by reading your blog, and also your dog’s behavior is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment